Keep Your Body In Good Shape
Swimming is a sport which is really good for the body. Being regular with your swimming is actually a form of exercise in itself. Thirty minutes of swimming with generous breaks will be equivalent to working out for twenty minutes. However, swimmers, like every other athlete, need to pay attention to their diet and nutrition. We all know that a balanced diet is a key to achieve a fit body so that they can easily fit into their men’s swimwear. However, what most people don’t know is that the diet varies according to activities and nature of the athlete. So, the question is what exactly is the best diet and nutrition for a swimmer. Let's find out!
What to eat
Swimming burns a lot of calories. Therefore, it is crucial to maintaining a proper diet in order to supplement the need for calories. A few important things that you need are:-
1. Water - Swimmers need a lot of fluids in their body or else their biological systems will go for a toss.
2. Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates provides you with calories to fuel your daily calorie. These include food like whole wheat pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.
3. Protein – Proteins are essential to building muscle. You can get it from eggs, pulses, salmon, and fish.
4. Fibre and vitamins – Fibre and Vitamins are vital for the body. You can get them from green leafy vegetables like spinach, carrot and green peas.
Athletes need to avoid food which makes them uncomfortable or causes indigestion. A big no-no for their diet should be sugary foods. Be sure to look out for hidden sugar in packaged items by looking at the ingredients used as. Fibre foods are usually good for your health. Yet, it’s best for swimmers to not eat wheat pizza or beans right before swimming. Avoiding spicy food is also a good option as it may sabotage your performance.
When to eat
The timing of your meals is vital.
Experts suggest that consuming small meals throughout the day is ideal as there
is a regular intake of calories. However, after an exhaustive practice session,
a heavy meal is required to make up for lost calories and lost energy. Before
any race or competition though, a light meal that provides enough energy for
the race should be consumed.
A proper diet will keep you in the right shape. Finding the best swimwear to compliment your physique is also really important and buying it from a trusted brand like Nova Swimwear will give you confidence. Visit their website to check out catalogues of ladies’ swimwear, men’s swimwear, boy’s hammers, knee-length swimsuit, one piece swimwear and many more!
Exercise and training
Now, the next most important
thing to keep in mind after the diet is exercise and training. The key to an
efficient training session also depends on the kind of swimsuit you are
wearing. It also depends on the quality of the swimsuit. Buy swimsuit from
companies like Nova swimwear who provide chlorine
resistant swimwear to protect your body and provide comfort too.
Exercising is really important before you dip your body into water. Regular training is a must for those aspiring professional swimmers. Here are some handy tips that can enhance your swimming training –
1. Finding your own technique - Techniques will be very useful once you’ve practiced them with all your strength. After some practice, you will get a feel for the water. Your strokes will eventually increase your efficiency, speed, and confidence.
2. Strength training and on land training - You can use equipment that engages your muscles while training. Doing simple push-ups, leg cradles, squats, and sit-ups are sufficient to get you started before getting into the pool. Make sure that you wear the best gear by investing your money in the right place. Companies like Nova Swimwear can provide you with the right swimwear. They can also provide you with a variety of cheap swimwear for you to choose from.
3. Swimming faster with shorter workouts - Not a lot of swimmers get time to practice every day. They may lose their time but come up with some heavily engaging practices that might improve your overall swimming performances.
The most important thing, however, is the quality of
swimsuit that you are wearing. To ease out your dilemma of where to buy swimwear online, we highly
recommend Nova Swimwear. Nova Swimwear also eliminates all the worries a
consumer has before you buy swimwear
online. Nova Swimwear provides a large variety of sizes with good quality
and super affordable prices.
Nova Swimwear also brings you chlorine resistant swimwear which helps you take care of your skin. They help in colour retention and offer the best open stretch and retention qualities. The fabric feels light on your body and lasts for a very long time. What’s more? They also offer you plus sizes! No matter if you are size 1 or size 4, Nova swimwear has got you covered!